Name:
Location: Florida

see interests, AGE 63-2010 CONTACT: kelscientific@hotmail.com

Saturday, June 13, 2009

NTSC(ANALOG) TO ATSC(DIGITAL)

A significant event in broadcasting occurred on Friday, June 12th, 2009. For 68 years, a system of television broadcasting known as NTSC, an analog form of broadcasting was used. We are now in the digital age of broadcasting and as such, terrestrial broadcasts are now in digital form in a format known as ATSC. Your television must have a built in digital tuner or a converter box to receive the stations you have been receiving on the new digital fequencys that your old stations have been assigned. If you have satellite or cable, you either have a box that has taken care of that matter or in some cases pertaining to cable, they have converted the digital transmissions to analog stations for you.

I am going to hook up attic antenna to my satellite "antenna thru" and see what my television picks up locally on my quam digital tuner on my Toshiba Regza high-def tv. In particular, I want to see the quality of any standard def digital tranmissions from my antenna versus the satellite carrier on picture quality issues.

UPDATE:JULY 29TH,2009: I recenly performed the experiment. It worked very well. I did not see any real difference in the local station transmission from Direct Tv and my own pick-up on the Toshiba's Qam tuner on my attic antenna. On the other hand, the attic antenna worked better with the digital stations then with the previous analog stations it had to pick-up previously.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home